Fire Marshal: Cause of fire that destroyed Otis Cafe was spontaneous combustion of kitchen waste

OTIS, OR (KPTV) – What caused a restaurant, known as a popular place to stop and eat while heading to the Oregon Coast, to go up in flames has been determined by the Oregon State Fire Marshal.

After a nearly 6-week-long investigation with multiple agencies, the OSFM reported that the Otis Cafe fire was caused by spontaneous combustion of kitchen waste.

The café, located at 1259 Hwy 18 in Otis, caught fire on July 4. The restaurant was closed at the time of the fire.

Crews that responded to the scene found heavy smoke engulfing the building and flames coming from

...read more at https://www.kptv.com/news/fire-marshal-cause-of-fire-that-destroyed-otis-cafe-was/article_c0f4fd18-bdfe-11e9-8dd8-b39fa4a24594.html

This entry was posted in Oregon Coast News. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply