For schools to be ready, more needs to be done to educate staff on what it takes to run a shelter, as well as the importance of planning for necessities like food, water, communication and medical supplies. Preparing a school to serve the mass care needs of a community takes planning well outside the scope of the typical responsibilities of educators, but because there is no state mandate requiring it, little to no coordination between schools and other agencies has occurred, the report said.
- Commercial crabbing season delayed off Oregon Coast – The Register
- Some Oregon pot stores consolidating to weather weak market
- Dungeness crab season delayed along the entire Oregon coast
- Oregon Coast Photographer’s Show & Sale
- COAST GUARD SUPPORT: Oregon Congressional delegation statement – Tillamook Headlight