Summer is, and always has been, my favorite season. Growing up on the Oregon Coast, it felt like we had two seasons: Winter and summer. In between nearly nine months of nonstop rain, there were three glorious months of summer. Everything was green, lush and beautiful, and the humidity was always relatively low. Everyone and everything appeared to have been “re-born” once summer began, because people could actually leave their houses without getting wet (Oregonians don’t believe in umbrellas).
- Pacific Standard Time brings taste of California to River North – WLS
- Southern Oregon Coast Pride returns Aug. 17-18
- Weasel-like species is threatened with extinction, and pot growers are part of the problem, report says
- Summer travel tips to avoid medical mishaps
- Fort Collins teen who died off Oregon coast remembered for integrity, sense of humor